Anesthesia without needles
3M dental electronic anesthesia system
Many patients dread dentist appointments, largely because of the procedures that require painful anesthesia, leading to prolonged discomfort.
Aware of these concerns, the company 3M perfected an innovative dental electronic anesthesia (DEA) system that’s adapted for use in most dental treatments. With no needles, no uncomfortable injections, no chemical agents and no post-treatment numbness, the 3M device offers pain-free anesthesia!
How does the 3M DEA system work?
Thanks to cutting-edge technology based on transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), the dental electronic anesthesia system is used to prevent acute pain during and after dental treatments.
- Adhesive electrodes are placed on your face near the area to be treated.
- A nine-volt battery emits a continuous signal to stimulate the targeted areas during the procedure.
- LA dial on the device regulates the intensity of the stimulation until it produces slight muscle contractions, signaling that you’re in “therapeutic stimulation” mode.
- UOne you reach the desired level of stimulation (which takes less than two minutes on average), the dentist can safely begin the treatment.
In what treatments is the 3M DEA system appropriate for use?
The 3M dental electronic anesthesia system is suitable for use in the majority of dental procedures and is a comfortable alternative that’s particularly effective for the following treatments:
- Dental milling
- Bonding crowns and bridges
- Affixing amalgams and composites
- Treating the gums
In any case, don’t hesitate to speak to your dentist, who can guide you toward the most appropriate type of anesthesia for your particular situation.
How do patients benefit from the 3M DEA system?
The numerous advantages of the DEA system are centered on one primary objective: ensuring the comfort of the patient without compromising the effectiveness of the anesthesia!
- Do you hate being stuck by a needle?
- Do you experience a bad reaction to certain chemical agents used in traditional anesthesia?
- Do you dread the prolonged numbness that usually follows a dental treatment?
With the clinically tested 3M dental electronic anesthesia system, you avoid these inconveniences!
During the treatment: the adjustable device can adapt instantaneously to relieve any level of discomfort. Depending on how sensitive you are, the dentist can make you more comfortable by increasing the level of therapeutic stimulation.
After the treatment: with the use of the DEA system, there’s none of the numbness that typically occurs after using classic anesthesia. In rare cases, there may be some slight tingling, which will generally go away within a few hours. You can also speak and eat immediately after your treatment!
The staff is warm and welcoming, and the dentist is gentle and attentive toward his patients.